Wearables - Strokes Gained
As an 18Birdies golfer, you can now use your Apple Watch with our strokes gained scoring mode!
To edit strokes gained shots after you have entered them on your watch, you must use your phone
Don’t have 18Birdies? Tap here to download the app!
Important information about the Apple Watch
A minimum of WatchOS 7 is required to operate on your Watch device. WatchOS 7 is compatible with Apple Watch Series 3 and later and Apple Watch SE. Upgrading to watchOS 7 requires an iPhone 6s or later running iOS 14 or later. Find your Apple Watch model.
Enable Strokes Gained
1. Ensure that your Apple Watch and iPhone are paired.
2. Open the 18Birdies app on your iPhone and Apple Watch.
3. Start a new round on your iPhone.
4. From the GPS screen, tap Advanced Tools in the bottom right corner.
5. Tap Strokes Gained under Premium Tools to activate Strokes Gained Scoring.
6. On the 1st tee box, tap ‘Add Shot 1’ to mark where you will hit your first shot from.
7. Next confirm your distance to the hole, select your lie and club. Then walk or ride to your ball.
8. Once you get to your ball, tap “Add Shot 2” and follow the previous steps to confirm your distance, lie and club.
9. After reaching the green, select “Green” as your lie.
- Adjust the Dist. to Hole to change the length of your putt.
- If you miss the putt, tap ‘Add Another Putt’ to record the putt and start another putt.
- Repeat steps 5A-5B above until you finish the hole. Then tap “Finish Hole”
6. When you finish the hole, you can swipe to the right hand screen and see a Hole 1 shot summary screen. If you need to edit any shots, you can do so from your phone.