Apple Watch | Strokes Gained
As an 18Birdies golfer, you can now use your Apple Watch with our strokes gained scoring mode!
To edit strokes gained shots after you have entered them on your watch, you must use your phone
Important information about the Apple Watch
The most up-to-date version of Watch OS is recommended for the best experience.
Enable Strokes Gained
- Ensure that your Apple Watch and iPhone are paired.
- Open the 18Birdies app on your iPhone and Apple Watch.
- Start a new round on your iPhone.
- From the GPS screen, tap 'Tools' in the bottom right corner.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll down and tap the toggle button next to Strokes Gained to activate Strokes Gained Scoring.
- On the 1st tee box, tap ‘Add Shot 1’ to mark where you will hit your first shot from.
- Next confirm your distance to the hole, and select your lie and club. Then walk or ride to your ball.
- Once you get to your ball, tap “Add Shot 2” and follow the previous steps to confirm your distance, lie and club.
- After reaching the green, select “Green” as your lie.
- Adjust the Dist. to Hole to change the length of your putt.
- If you miss the putt, tap ‘Add Another Putt’ to record the putt and start another putt.
- Repeat the steps above until you finish the hole. Then tap “Finish Hole”.
When you finish the hole, you can swipe to the right-hand screen and see a Hole 1 shot summary screen. If you need to edit any shots, you can do so from your phone.