Apple Watch Set Up
The Apple Watch is an amazing piece of technology. With the 18Birdies Apple Watch app, we bring you an easier take on the 18Birdies experience. Now you can score your round, log stats and get distances directly from the watch!
Here are some tips on optimizing your 18Birdies Apple Watch experience!
Need to Know Info
- Currently, 18Birdies for Apple Watch doesn't have a "Complication". If you would like to see one, please let us know at email@example.com.
- Apple Watch Series 2 and beyond will show distances from the Apple Watch; Apple Watch series 1 will show distances from the iPhone that is connected to the Apple Watch.
- Depending on the SKU (wifi-only or cellular + wifi), you will need to keep your phone within 10 yards of your watch to maintain data transference for optimal performance - A back or bag pocket will work!
- As you enter scores and stats on your Apple Watch, your phone will update in parallel.
Setting up 18Birdies on the Apple Watch
- On your iPhone, open the Watch application
- Scroll down to view the list of applications that are installed on your phone.
- If you don't see 18Birdies listed under Installed on Apple Watch, scroll down to find Available Apps.
- Tap Install next to 18Birdies.
- On the "My Watch" app on your iPhone, navigate to "General" to configure your watch hardware settings to optimize your watch for use with 18Birdies. Make sure that:
- Within "Background App Refresh", toggle the first-row and 18Birdies buttons to be ON
- Within "Wake Screen"->"On Screen Wake Show Last App" is set to "Within 1 hour of Last Use".
- Within "On Tap", set to "Wake for 70 seconds"
- "Workout Power Saving Mode" is turned OFF