How can I show 18Birdies the map of my home course?
Now, if there's no map available at the golf course, no problem at all! We can use a shared Google Map to identify the 1-18 tee and hole locations. Please see the instructions below to learn how to map a course using Google Maps:
- Use the link here to create a new shared Google Map.
- Once you are on the My Maps section of Google Maps, tap '+ Create new map'
- Tap the dropdown menu next to 'Base map' to change the map view to satellite imagery.
- Use the search bar to find your course.
- Once you have located the course, you should see options to edit the map near the top toolbar/search bar. Use the Pin icon to drop a new pin.
- You can move tee/pin locations on the map by clicking the blue pin icon on the map, and then dragging it to the correct location.
Once the tee and green positions are set, please create a sharing link!
- Click Share
- Click Share on Drive
- Tap the dropdown menu next to Anyone with the link and select 'Editor'
- Tap Copy Link
Once you've made a shareable link, please send us an email that includes the sharing link and we'll be able to up the course in our system as soon as we are able.