Wear OS | Tips to Optimize a Wear OS Watch
Wear OS Watches are an amazing piece of technology. With the 18Birdies Wear OS Watch app, we bring you an easier take on the 18Birdies experience. Now you can score your round, log stats, and get distances directly from the watch!
We have a few tips designed to help make the watch experience as smooth as possible. Here are some tips on optimizing your 18Birdies Wear OS experience:
- Set 'Screen Timeout' to 1 Minute.
- Set 'Show Last App' to 1 hour.
- Turn 'Tilt to Wake' off.
These options may be different for your Wear OS device. For detailed instructions specific to your Wear OS device, please refer to your device manufacturer.
You will first need at least Wear OS 2.0 and an Android running 6.0 or later.
Power Saving Mode
The Wear OS Power Saving mode may affect the performance and responsiveness of GPS distances on your Wear OS device. To disable Power Saving Mode, try this:
- From your Watch home screen, find and open Settings.
- Tap Battery.
- Tap the toggle to disable Power Saver Mode.
If you are experiencing difficulties with GPS accuracy, you may need to enable Location Services on your watch.
- From your Wear OS home screen, find and open Settings.
- Tap Location.
- Tap the toggle to enable Location Services. You may also want to toggle on the "Improve your accuracy" option, if available.
- To ensure Location Services are enabled on your Wear OS device, swipe directionally down from the top of your Wear OS device screen.
- Then swipe directionally to the left to see the Location Services icon.
- In the screenshot below, Location Services are indicated as enabled (blue location icon).
Show Last App
Open the Settings app on your watch to configure your watch hardware settings prior to launching the 18Birdies app in the following configuration to optimize your watch for use with 18Birdies.
Please use the following instructions to make sure that you have set your watch to return to the app after it sleeps:
- Tap 'Display'
- Tap 'Show Last App'.
- Make sure that 'Within 1 Hour' is selected.
Navigate back and tap on 'Screen Timeout' and make sure that ' 1 Minute' is selected.
Navigate back and make sure that ' Raise wrist to wake' is in the 'Off' position.
Sounds awesome, right? Click here to open the app on your device and start your round!
Looking to take your game to the next level? Download the 18Birdies app today!