Traditionally, golfers track and measure their performance by their total score. The downside of this is that an individual “blow up” hole can mess up an entire round, taking away from the fun of the game, and distracting from the progress made from round to round.
Targets is a new format that lets players focus on the smaller victories in golf -- the number of Fairways Hit, Green in Regulation, Pars or better, or Birdies or better. Players can now define what “being successful” means to them for each round, and either track progress individually, or use Targets as a betting game with friends.
For information on how to set up this betting game, see the article on GameBets in 18Birdies.
Targets is a game-within-a-game designed to help golfers set realistic and attainable goals for the current round. Measure your success by playing Targets!
- Tap the 'Tools' icon, scroll down and tap the 'Targets' icon to open My Targets settings.
- Tap the blue pencil in the Birdies circle.
- Tap the blue pencil in the Pars circle.
- Tap the number that corresponds to the number of pars you plan to make in the round.
- Tap the blue pencil in the GIR (Greens in Regulation) circle.
- Tap the number that corresponds to the number of Greens in Regulation you plan to make in the round.
- Tap the blue pencil in the FH (Fairways Hit) circle.
- Tap the number that corresponds to the number of Fairways Hit you plan to make in the round.
You can also use Targets in GameBets, another fun golf betting game in 18Birdies.
As a single golfer, set Targets and track your performance against any of these four stats categories:
- Birdies (or better)
- Pars (or better)
- Greens in Regulation
- Fairways Hit
To help you set realistic Targets for each round, we provide both historical averages and personal bests for each category.
Groups of two or more players can use Targets for GameBets. The group picks one Target to play for -- for example: Pars or better -- and agrees upon a number each person in the group need to make to reach their Target.
Each player puts a fixed number of betting units into the pot. Any player that reaches his/her Target earns a share of the total pot. If all (or no) players reach their target, the money is returned to each player.
Note: While Targets as a multi-player betting game only covers one stat category, golfing groups can set up multiple games of Targets during a single round.
Sounds awesome, right? Click here to open the app on your device and start your round!
Looking to take your game to the next level? Download the 18Birdies app today!