Using GPS on the Golf Course
Never look for a yardage marker again, period!
Powered by Google Maps, we verify every single tee marker, landing zone, and hole location for over 35,000 courses around the world - ensuring you have the most accurate mobile GPS rangefinder on the market.
Sounds awesome, right? Click here to open the app and start your round!
18Birdies GPS+ on the golf course
- The white 'ball with tee' icon represents the default tees (typically the farthest back set of tees).
The default tee icon can be moved by touching the tee icon and dragging it to the desired location; distances will automatically update.
- The white target circle in the fairway represents the suggested hitting target from the tee.
The white target circle can be moved by touching the target circle and dragging it to the desired location; distances will automatically update.
- The yellow pin flag represents the middle location of the green.
Tap and drag the white target circle to the green to get updated distances for the front, middle and back portions of the green, or simply tap the yellow flag on the green.
- The blue circle represents your actual location on the hole, as determined by the GPS locator within your device.
Distances will update automatically, relative to your actual location.
- The first set of numbers near the bottom of the screen represent the distance from the tee (or your blue circle) to the white target circle.
- The second set of numbers near the top of the screen represent the distance from the white target circle to the green.
From 202 yards and closer, the distance to the green will change to the distances to front, middle and back portions of the green.
- To start Shot Tracking, tap the 'Track Shot' icon.
- Tap 'Enter Score' to quickly enter your score or stats.
- Tap 'Tools' and you will be able to turn available in-round tools on and off as well as adjust different GPS.
- This section shows what hole you are playing, the par value, handicap and the total distance of the hole.
Tap the Hole number to quickly jump to another hole.
- When you're ready to go the next hole, tap 'Enter score', fill in your score and stats and tap 'Finish Hole'
Pro Tip: From the fullscreen GPS view, you can zoom in and change the viewing angle of every hole to help plan shots from the GPS
- Navigate to the relevant hole
- Place 2 fingers on the area you wish to zoom in on and spread them in the opposite direction.
- Rotate 2 fingers in the direction you want to change the viewing angle and location of the yardage circles
- Press, hold and drag one finger over the screen to capture different areas on the hole.
- Press the reticle in the lower, left corner to return to the hole's default view