Cancel (Unsubscribe) Premium Subscription
In This Article
Although it pains us to hear you would like to cancel your Premium subscription, we totally understand that these awesome features are not for everyone. We hope that you still find value in the free version of the app for keeping score, recording stats, connecting with other golfers and participating in DreamGames!
If you activated your Premium subscription via a Promo Code, your account will automatically lapse and revert to a standard-level account without charging you once the promotional period has ended without charging you.
If that's not the case, the best way to cancel a subscription is to do so directly through your device. This will ensure that you have canceled the subscription and will prevent any possible mix-ups with the auto-renewal.
There are a couple of ways to do so. We recommend doing both to ensure that this is completed properly.
- First, make sure you are fully updated tapping either the Google Play or Apple App Store icon below.
- If you see an option to Update, please do so. If you see an option to Open, please open.
- Once you are fully updated, open the app.
- Tap Me on the bottom menu bar.
- Tap the Gear/Cog Wheel icon in the upper right corner.
- Tap Premium Membership.
- Tap Manage Subscription.
- You should be taken to the Subscription section for your respective device.
- From here, find the 18Birdies subscription to cancel.
- From your phones Home screen, tap and launch the Google Play Store app.
- Tap the three horizontal/ hamburger icon near the upper left corner to access the Menu.
- Tap Subscriptions.
- Tap on the app of the subscription you'd like to cancel.
Alternatively, tap Menu>My Apps>App of the subscription you'd like to cancel>Tap the app's details page.
iOS (Apple iPhone)
- From your iPhone home screen, tap the App Store icon.
- In the upper right corner, tap the icon that resembles a persons head in a blue circle.
- Tap Manage Subscriptions.
- Tap the 18Birdies app icon to open the Edit Subscription page.
- At the bottom of the page, tap Cancel Subscription.
If you're not seeing the person icon on the App Store screen then you may be logged out of your Apple ID.
Please try this...
- From your iPhone home screen, tap the Settings icon.
- Scroll down and tap iTunes & App Store.
- Tap 'Apple ID:youremail’.
- Tap View ID and you should be taken to your Account Settings.
You may need to sign into your Apple ID account.
- Tap Subscriptions near the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the 18Birdies logo to access your subscription management.
When I Try to Cancel Through the App, I Get a Message Saying "To manage or make changes...please contact firstname.lastname@example.org"
If you are receiving this message, you have started your Premium account with a Promo Code. In these cases, promo codes are not set to auto-renew, so when the term of the promo code expires, your account will revert back to a standard account and you will not be charged.
If you have entered a promo code and have been charged for a membership, please contact us at email@example.com