My Golf Bag Homepage
In 18Birdies, you can set up your golf bag to keep track of your stats, and distances and even an easy way to see your tracked shots with each club! Once your golf bag has been set up, you can use Plays Like Distances and receive Club Recommendations just like they were coming from the best caddy on tour!
To get started using Club Recommendations, you will need to set your bag up with your clubs. You can find your Golf Bag by the following:
- Launch the 18Birdies App.
- Tap Me to open your profile.
- Tap the golf bag to open your golf bag.
Once you have navigated to the bag, you can set your bag up by adding your clubs to your bag.
- Tap the blue ‘+’ icon next to the club that you would like to add.
- Tap ‘Enter Club Distance’ and enter your distance for that club.
Add your Own Club (Custom Club)
If you aren’t able to find your club on the club list, no worries! To add a club to your bag:
- Tap ‘Add Your Own Club Type’.
- Select the club type and the number, (Wedges will have a prompt for loft).
- Tap ‘Add to my Bag’ to add the club to your bag.
- Tap ‘Enter Club Distance’ and input your distance for that club.
- Tap the Club.
- Tap 'Add Club Brand and Model'.
- Search for the brand of your club. If you don't see your brand, tap the blue 'Add Brand'.
- Search for the model. If you don't see your Club, tap the blue 'Add Model'
Enter Club Distance
Once you have added the club to your bag, tap the blue ‘Enter Club Distance’. On the prompt, you can enter how far you hit each club. These distances will be used together with Plays Like Distances to generate a Club Recommendation. Using these distances in your bag will enable the 18Birdies app to start recommending clubs based on your entered distances and your Plays Like GPS readings!
You can edit a clubs distance by:
- Tap the club.
- Tap the blue pencil next to the distance and then entering in the new yardage. Changing this distance will override the automatic average distances from your in-round.
My Golf Bag vs. Add Clubs to Your Bag vs. Retiring a Club
When a golf club is active in your golf bag, it will appear in the first list under ‘My Golf Bag’. If the club is inactive, it will either be in the Add Clubs to Your Bag after scrolling to the bottom of the screen or it will be in the retired list.
To access the retired list:
- Tap the 3 dots ‘...’ in the top right corner of the screen and
- Tap ‘Retired Club List’.
Please keep in mind that it is important to set your preferences. Tap the 3 dots ‘...’ to open your preferences and set your:
- Distance Units.
- Temperature Units.
- Right-handed or left-handed.
Tap the share button to share an image of the clubs in your bag with your friends directly! You can easily share this club image via social media, text or email. If you send the image to a friend in a text message, they will be able to add you as a friend to be able to see all of your great course memories such as photos, tracked shots and any birdies made!