Using Classic Shot Tracking on the Golf Course
Whether you've hit a fairway-splitting drive, a close approach to the pin or a miraculous recovery shot to set up a par save, 18Birdies' Classic Shot Tracking will let you save and share your very own personal highlight reel!
- Once you have started your round and hit your first shot, press the 'Track Shot' icon at the bottom of the GPS screen.
When you're satisfied with your shot details, press "Save This Shot".
- Tap 'From Current Location' to start tracking from where you are on the course or tap 'From Another Location'.
If you tap From Another Location, you will have to confirm the starting point of the shot by dragging the blue pin to the correct starting position.
- On the screen, you will see a red dot next to a yellow 'Save Shot' button.
If you tapped 'From Current Location', a starting position pushpin will appear on top of your blue, location dot. If the pushpin's position doesn't match your shot's position, simply tap 'Edit' and then 'Change Start Point'. You can then drag the pushpin to the correct starting position of this shot.
- Start moving to your ball's ending location.
As you move, the number of yards corresponding to 'X yds' will change according to the relative position of the blue, starting position pushpin, and your blue location dot.
- Once you arrive at your ball's ending location, press the yellow 'Save Shot' button.
If necessary, tap either the popup or the pencil icon next to the yardage measurement of the shot to adjust your starting or ending position drop pin by dragging it to the correct position.
Start a Round
Tip: You can tap the yellow pencil icon next to the tracked shot on the GPS to edit any of the shot details.
PREMIUM TIP: You can view the average tracked shot distance for any given club in your golf bag! To see your tracked average for each club, Launch the 18Birdies App > Tap ' Me ' in the bottom right corner > Tap the three dots '...' on the top right-hand corner > Tap 'Shots'.