Using Classic Shot Tracking on the Golf Course
Whether you've hit a fairway-splitting drive, a close approach to the pin or a miraculous recovery shot to set up a par save, 18Birdies' Classic Shot Tracking will let you save and share your very own personal highlight reel!
- Once you have started your round and hit your first shot, press the 'Track Shot' icon at the bottom of the GPS screen.
When you're satisfied with your shot details, press "Save This Shot".
- Tap 'From Current Location' to start tracking from where you are on the course or tap 'From Another Location'.
If you tap From Another Location, you will have to confirm the starting point of the shot by dragging the blue pin to the correct starting position.
- On the screen, you will see a red dot next to a yellow 'Save Shot' button.
If you tapped 'From Current Location', a starting position pushpin will appear on top of your blue, location dot. If the pushpin's position doesn't match your shot's position, simply tap 'Edit' and then 'Change Start Point'. You can then drag the pushpin to the correct starting position of this shot.
- Start moving to your ball's ending location.
As you move, the number of yards corresponding to 'X yds' will change according to the relative position of the blue, starting position pushpin, and your blue location dot.
- Once you arrive at your ball's ending location, press the yellow 'Save Shot' button.
If necessary, tap either the popup or the pencil icon next to the yardage measurement of the shot to adjust your starting or ending position drop pin by dragging it to the correct position.
Start a Round
- When you start a new round tap the Tools icon on the bottom right corner of the GPS screen
- Then tap Settings.
- Once you are on the Settings page, scroll down and make sure that the toggle next to Track Shot Recommendations is in the ON position.
Finally, please make sure that the Track Shot option is Pinned to your GPS screen to be able to automatically track the distance from the pin.
- This can be found by tapping the Tools icon on the bottom right corner of the GPS screen.
- Scroll down then tap the pin icon next to Track Shot.
Tip: You can tap the yellow pencil icon next to the tracked shot on the GPS to edit any of the shot details.
PREMIUM TIP: You can view the average tracked shot distance for any given club in your golf bag! To see your tracked average for each club, Launch the 18Birdies App > Tap ' Me ' in the bottom right corner > Tap the three dots '...' on the top right-hand corner > Tap 'Shots'.
How to enable Track Shot Recommendations and pin Track Shot to the GPS Screen
Once you have the completed the steps detailed below, the Track Shot feature will save as your default view for future rounds, and you should not need to repeat these steps again.