Tournament Handicap Settings
Tournaments in 18Birdies offer the following options for using and applying players' handicaps.
Use Player’s Full Handicap
Selecting the Use Player's Full Handicap option will take the player’s full handicap when scoring for net events.
Cap at a Maximum Value
Tournament organizers can set a maximum handicap for the player’s handicap to be used for scoring a net event.
- Best used for events that want to limit the amount of strokes given to high handicapped players
- Men’s maximum handicap recommendation ~ 36
- Ladies maximum handicap recommendation ~ 40
Use Percentage of Handicap
Tournament organizers can set a percentage of the player’s handicap to be used for scoring a net event.
- Tap ‘Use percentage of handicap’
- Use slider bars to select percentage of handicap desired
- Tap ‘Cap at a maximum value’ to select a cap for player’s handicaps
Use Peoria System
Prior to the start of the tournament, the tournament organizer selects six “secret” holes. Typical hole selections are two (2) par 3’s, two (2) par 4’s and two (2) par 5’s. After all scorecards are turned in, the net scores will be determined by totaling the scores on the six secret holes.
To use the Peoria system, follow these steps:
- Tap Use Peoria system.
- Tap six holes to select Peoria holes.
- Holes can be selected during the tournament setup, immediately before the tournament begins, or you can specify that 18Birdies chooses the holes for you randomly.
Edit Tournament Handicap
1. During the tournament setup process, you will come to a screen titled Handicap Settings.
In the Handicap Settings screen, you have the following options:
- Use Player's full handicap
Option to Cap at a maximum value
- Use Percentage of Handicap
5% - 100%; Option to cap at a max value
- Use the Peoria handicap system
- No handicap
2. Once you have started your round, you can adjust handicaps for players in your playing group.
- Start your round and Add a Player to your round.
- Select from Tournament Participants
- Confirm the player is on your scorecard, then tap the player's picture/icon.
- Tap Edit Round Handicap, then tap the blue pencil icon to open the number pad. Once entered, tap Confirm.