Creating a New Golf Tournament
With 18Birdies, YOU are the tournament organizer...should you choose to accept it.
How to Create a Tournament in 18Birdies
- Open the app and tap Play on the bottom menu bar.
- Tap Create a Leaderboard.
- Choose your tournament format then tap Next.
- Enter a tournament name (optional) then tap Next.
- Select number of rounds (you can choose 1-4 rounds).
- Set Start Date and End date (if you are playing in a different timezone than the one you are in when you create the event, set the end date for the day after the tournament starts, this will help you avoid time zone conflicts).
- Select Single Course or Virtual tournament.
- Select the Golf Course and specify other details such as 18/9 holes, Tee Time/Shotgun, Men's tees and Women's tees.
- Set Handicaps.
- If you chose a Single Course Tournament. set whether you are playing Skins and then tap Next.
Skins are currently not available for Virtual Tournaments.
- Pick your leaderboards (all players get to view live leaderboards).
- Review the information on the Tournament Settings page. If everything looks good, tap Confirm.
Make sure all players download 18Birdies!
On the day of the event
- Have all players enter the tournament code (you will be able to see this from your app under tournaments).
- You start the tournament.
- Have all Captains invite players from the tournament list to form your groups.
Check out this article on the 18Birdies blog for more information on golf tournament formats.
Five Golf Tournament Formats Every Golfer Should Know