How Do I Create a New Golf Tournament?
With 18Birdies, YOU are the tournament organizer...should you choose to accept it.
How to Create a Tournament in 18Birdies
- Open the app and tap Community on the bottom menu bar.
- Tap Tournaments on the top menu.
- Tap Create a Tournament.
- Choose your tournament format.
- Select In-person Event or Virtual tournament and tap Next.
If you select In-Person, you will be able to select course(s) played for the tournament.
- Tap Set Start Date on the tournament settings page and select the day that your tournament will be starting.
- Tap the toggle next to Use Player's Full Handicap to enable Course handicaps for the tournament. Once the toggle is enabled, you can choose to have golfers play from Mixed Tees or Assign a specific set of tees for the tournament
- Tap the Dropdown menu next to Use player's full handicap to change from Full Handicap, Partial Handicap or Percentage of a Players handicap.
- Tap the dropdown menu under Auto Tiebreaker to choose from one of the tiebreaker options. To turn off automatic tiebreakers, make sure the toggle next to Auto Tiebreaker is in the Off position.
- Toggle the Skins button to the On position if you would like a skins game to be created for your tournament.
- Enter your Tournament Name.
- Enter a Tournament Description (optional).
- Review the information on the Tournament Settings page. If everything looks good, tap Save.
Make sure all players download 18Birdies!
On the day of the event
- Have all players enter the tournament code (you will be able to see this from your app under tournaments).
- You start the tournament.
- Have all Captains invite players from the tournament list to form your groups.
If you have a change in your tournament schedule, we're happy to say that you can remove a round from the Tournament at any time!
To remove a round from a Tournament
1. From the tournament home page, tap the Gear icon in the upper right corner.
2. Tap Edit Tournament Settings at the bottom of the page.
3. Tap Next at the bottom of the page.
4. Tap the Trash icon below the golf course name to delete the round.
Check out this article on the 18Birdies blog for more information on golf tournament formats.
Five Golf Tournament Formats Every Golfer Should Know