Virtual Golf Tournaments (Video)
Unlike a Single Course tournament, Virtual golf tournaments allow you to set up a tournament with friends in another state or even across the world.
Virtual Golf Tournament Overview
- Individual stroke, Stableford, Best Ball, Scramble, Individual Stroke Play + Best Ball.
- Create events that can be played on any course in the world.
- Unlimited players and rounds.
- Flexible start at any tees and courses.
- Tournament duration from 1-day to up to 1-year.
- Multiple course leaderboards (Gross and Net) and Skins.
For a real-world example of a successful virtual tournament, check out the 18Birdies Spring Open!
Official Tournament Scorecard
Communicating the importance of using the app to your golfers is key to getting your players to participate, but also engage with your yearly partners.
A great idea for sponsorship is the Official Tournament Scorecard.
To promote your sponsor and inform your golfers, include your sponsor's logo in the upper left corner of this template, then add to all email, communication, and even print materials.
Need design help? Contact us at Support@18Birdies.com
With each Virtual Tournament, a private Tournament Feed is created, which is similar to a Twitter or Facebook type of timeline.
Only people who have joined your tournament (either as a golfer or spectator), will have access to this Tournament Feed.
This is an area where you can sell advertisement spots, and we typically see these sold in sets of 2/4/6/etc posts to the Tournament Feed throughout the event.
When a post is made to the Tournament Feed, all people who have joined the tournament will get a push notification sent to their device, taking them straight to the sponsored post.
A sponsored Feed post, from our partnership with the LPGA:
Joining a Virtual Golf Tournament
- Once you have created your tournament, you will need to invite your players using the invitation link or by sending the four-digit tournament code to all of your players.
- Once you have started the tournament as the organizer, and your players start their round, the player will be prompted to select a course for that round.
- If players are on the same courses over multiple days, they just need to choose the correct at the beginning of each day.
- A tournament handicap will be calculated and applied based on the slope and rating information associated with that specific golf course.