Using Blind Shot Compass on the Golf Course
Blind Shot Compass is an exciting tool in 18Birdies Premium that can help you hit more accurate golf shots, even when your view is obstructed.
Blind Shot Compass points you in the right direction of the green regardless of what obstacle is in blocking your view.
Using Blind Shot Compass
- Make sure GPS+ has an accurate fix on your location. Depending on your cellular service, it can take a few moments for your device to locate itself.
- Move the Target Circle to your desired target for the shot.
This may be the center of the green, or any location depending on your desired shot.
- Tap the Compass Icon at the bottom left of the GPS+ screen.
- The direction to your target will be indicated by the large, red arrow.
You can change the arrow's direction by moving the white, bullseye.
The direction your device is facing will be indicated by a translucent, blue cone.
Move your device around so that the arrow and cone match will accurately pinpoint the target's direction from your position.
- Grip it and rip it, now that you know where to aim! ;-)
Pro Tip: Blind Shot Compass will only work if you are physically on the golf course.
New feature alert: 18Birdies Premium members can now try this awesome new application of our Blind Shot Compass!
‘Alignment Assistant’ is great for helping you line up correctly with your desired target – on the course, during practice rounds, while you’re working on angles to produce your desired ball flight – the list goes on!
Disclaimer: Perfect shot not guaranteed 😉.
Follow these steps to try out ‘Alignment Assistant’ next time you’re out golfing:
Make sure GPS+ has an accurate fix on your location. Depending on the conditions, it can take a few moments for your device's location to stabilize.
- Your current location is indicated by the blue dot.
Your selected target location is indicated by the white bullseye .
- Move the white bullseye to choose your desired target location.
- Tap the compass icon at the bottom left of the GPS+ screen.
Your selected target direction is indicated by the red arrow.
Your alignmentdirection is indicated by a translucent, blue cone.
- Your selected target distance and Caddy+ club recommendation are indicated by a text box.
- Gripping the phone with both hands, simultaneously touch the screen with both thumbs to find the zoom level that allows you to see your location, selected target location, selected target direction, alignment direction, target distance, and club recommendation all at once.
To zoom out, pinch your thumbs together
To zoom in, spread your thumbs apart.
- Place your phone on the ground behind your ball with the front side of your phone facing down your target line.
Safety tip: Make sure that you give your phone plenty of room from your desired club path and ball flight. Otherwise,
- Line up your phone until the translucent, blue cone lines up with the red arrow. The blue cone will then disappear.
- Hit your shot!
Sounds awesome, right? Click here to open the app on your device and start your round!
Looking to take your game to the next level? Download the 18Birdies app today!