How Do I Fully Close the App? (iOS)
iPhone 8 and below
- From any screen on your iPhone, double tap the Home button.
- Swipe directionally up to fully close out the app.
iPhone X or later (or iPad with iOS12)
- From the Home screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause slightly in the middle of the screen. On an iPhone 8 or earlier, double-click the Home button to show your most recently used apps
- Swipe right or left to find the app that you want to close.
- Swipe up on the app's preview to close the app.
When your recently used apps appear, the apps aren’t open, but they're in standby mode to help you navigate and multitask. You should force an app to close only if it’s unresponsive.
Have questions or feedback? We’d love to hear from you! Visit the Me Tab in your app and scroll to Support & Feedback.