New feature alert: 18Birdies Premium members can now try this awesome new application of our Blind Shot Compass!
‘Alignment Assistant’ is great for helping you line up correctly with your desired target – on the course, during practice rounds, while you’re working on angles to produce your desired ball flight – the list goes on!
Disclaimer: Perfect shot not guaranteed 😉.
Don’t have 18Birdies? Tap here to download the app!
Follow these steps to try out ‘Alignment Assistant’ next time you’re out golfing:
Make sure GPS+ has an accurate fix on your location. Depending on the conditions, it can take a few moments for your device's location to stabilize.
- Your current location is indicated by the blue dot.
Your selected target location is indicated by the white
- Move the white bullseye to choose your desired target location.
- Tap the compass icon at the bottom left of the GPS+ screen.
Your selected target direction is indicated by the red arrow.
Your alignmentdirection is indicated by a translucent, blue cone.
- Your selected target distance and Caddy+ club recommendation are indicated by a text box.
- Gripping the phone with both hands, simultaneously touch the screen with both thumbs to find the zoom level that allows you to see your location, selected target location, selected target direction, alignment direction, target distance, and club recommendation all at once.
To zoom out, pinch your thumbs together
To zoom in, spread your thumbs apart.
- Place your phone on the ground behind your ball with the front side of your phone facing down your target line.
Safety tip: Make sure that you give your phone plenty of room from your desired club path and ball flight. Otherwise,
- Line up your phone until the translucent, blue cone lines up with the red arrow. The blue cone will then disappear.
- Hit your shot!