Tournament Tee Time Formats
Tournaments in 18Birdies offer a choice of two different tee time formats: sequential and shotgun.
Sequential Tee Times Format
- Tournament format that sends players off in traditional tee times.
- Most often used for smaller tournament or league groups, usually 50 players or less.
- There will be a considerable gap between the first group and the last group as the round is finished.
- Ideal for smaller tournaments and weekly/monthly league play.
A 24 player golf tournament that tees off at 8:00 AM. The golf course runs on 10 minute tee time intervals.
- Group 1 - 8:00AM Tee Time
- Group 2 - 8:10AM Tee Time
- Group 3 - 8:20AM Tee Time
- Group 4 - 8:30AM Tee Time
- Group 5 - 8:40AM Tee Time
- Group 6 - 8:50AM Tee Time
A shotgun start is a golf tournament format in which all groups of players tee off simultaneously from different holes.
- Most golf courses will require a minimum number of guaranteed golfers in order to secure a shotgun format.
- The gap between groups will be considerably less. Group finishing times will be more reflective of playing ability
- Ideal for larger tournament groups (72 or more).
A 144 player golf tournament that tees off at 8:00 AM. The golf course uses all 18 holes to organize players. Each hole will have two foursomes.
- Hole 1 - Group 1A and Group 1B
- Hole 2 - Group 2A and Group 2B
- Hole 3 - Group 3A and Group 3B
- Hole 4 - Group 4A and Group 4B
Have questions or feedback? We’d love to hear from you! Visit the Me Tab in your app and scroll to Support & Feedback.