Tournament Tee Time Formats
Tournaments in 18Birdies offer a choice of two different tee time formats: sequential and shotgun.
Sequential Tee Times Format
- Tournament format that sends players off in traditional tee times.
- Most often used for smaller tournament or league groups, usually 50 players or less.
- There will be a considerable gap between the first group and the last group as the round is finished.
- Ideal for smaller tournaments and weekly/monthly league play.
A 24 player golf tournament that tees off at 8:00 AM. The golf course runs on 10 minute tee time intervals.
- Group 1 - 8:00AM Tee Time
- Group 2 - 8:10AM Tee Time
- Group 3 - 8:20AM Tee Time
- Group 4 - 8:30AM Tee Time
- Group 5 - 8:40AM Tee Time
- Group 6 - 8:50AM Tee Time
A shotgun start is a golf tournament format in which all groups of players tee off simultaneously from different holes.
- Most golf courses will require a minimum number of guaranteed golfers in order to secure a shotgun format.
- The gap between groups will be considerably less. Group finishing times will be more reflective of playing ability
- Ideal for larger tournament groups (72 or more).
A 144 player golf tournament that tees off at 8:00 AM. The golf course uses all 18 holes to organize players. Each hole will have two foursomes.
- Hole 1 - Group 1A and Group 1B
- Hole 2 - Group 2A and Group 2B
- Hole 3 - Group 3A and Group 3B
- Hole 4 - Group 4A and Group 4B
Sounds awesome, right? Click here to open the app on your device and start your round!
Looking to take your game to the next level? Download the 18Birdies app today!